|Current Job Openings
The City of Sullivan is accepting applications for the position of City Treasurer. The City Treasurer is appointed by the Commissioner of Accounts and Finances with the approval of the City Council.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve to support the various City departments and other organizations by providing fiscal management and control functions fully integrated into all of the City's financial operations and activities while ensuring proper adherence to laws, ordinances, policies and procedures.
- Monitor all financial data and budget analysis on a daily basis in order to provide City Council with accurate and timely information for sound decision-making.
- Annually prepare and file with the County Collector an account of all money received and expenditures incurred during the preceding fiscal year.
- Annually compute and present the Tax Levy Ordinance.
- Formulate the Appropriation Ordinance for each fiscal year and subsequently review department activity to maintain City operations within the approved $28 million budget.
- Monthly compile and file with the City Clerk a report accounting for the transactions and balances of all funds held by the City.
- Oversee the preparation and posting of all vendor claims and expenditures to present to Council for approval and payment at City Council meetings.
- Compose work papers, provide documentation and assist the external auditors in the annual financial statement audit.
- Perform other related treasury duties as assigned by the Commissioner of Accounts and Finances and City Council.
Schedule & Benefits:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of five to seven years of experience in accounting or financing position, government accounting experience with utility knowledge preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of compute applications, including financial software, word processing, and an emphasis on spreadsheets and report generation.
- Ability to critically assess situations and solve problems, communicate effectively in normal or contentious situations, and work well under stress and within deadlines.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions, prioritize demands and work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, City officials, other professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to embrace process improvement initiatives.
- Undergo and successfully pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Applications and resumes can be submitted online through the City's website at: https://www.sullivanlf.com/Forms/EmploymentApplication
- Minimum starting salary of $65,000, determined based on qualifications and experience
- 40 hours per week, salaried position
- attend evening Council meetings twice per month
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- IMRF eligible position
- Vacation available starting on the date of hire
- Sick time available after one year of service
Application for Employment
To apply for City Employment, please fill out and submit this form online.
IMRF Employer Cost & Participation Information
Employee Travel Expense Reimbursement
Employees access your Laserfiche documents through Web Access