Clean Up Days Announced!
Check out our interactive map for a detailed clean up schedule!
The City Wide Clean Up Day has been broken into two different days. All residents who live north of Harrison Street will be picked up on Saturday, October 22nd.This includes residents of Pifers Lane.
All residents who live south of Harrison Street will be picked up on Saturday, October 29th.
If you do not live in the corporate city limits, you are not eligible to participate in the City Wide Clean Up Day, and your items will not be picked up.
All items must be on the curb by 7:00 a.m.
Items NOT accepted for City Wide Clean Up pickup include but are not limited to:
- Tires of any kind or size
- Car parts or components of any kind
- Solvents such as paints, oils, fuels, and thinners
- Yard waste such as clippings, trimmings, leaves, limbs, and branches
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Concrete, bricks, and rocks
- Burnt material/ashes of any kind
- Appliances (stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers, water heaters, dryers, freezers, and air conditioning units)
- E-Waste Electronic equipment such as Computers, Monitors, and Televisions
- Asbestos materials/Hazardous Waste
- Petroleum-contaminated soil
- Industrial Waste
- Herbicides and Pesticides
- Radioactive Materials
- Flammable Liquids
- Propane tanks or equipment
- Motor Oil
- Transmission Oil
- Lubricants/Hydraulic oil/oil filters/contaminated oils (mixed with solvents &/or gasoline)
- Lead Paint Chips
- Railroad Ties
- Medical Waste
Trick or Treat
Safe Trick or Treating is presented by the Sullivan Chamber & Economic Development. It will be held on Monday, October 31st, from 4:00-6:00 p.m. Participating locations will have an orange Jack-O-Lantern in the window.
The Ambucs Halloween Parade will be held Monday, October 31st, at 6:00 p.m.
Official City of Sullivan Trick or Treat hours this year will be Monday, October 31st, from 6:00-8:00 p.m. There will be NO Trick or Treating this year on the 30th! Residents wishing to participate should leave their porch light on.
Grass and Leaves in Streets
Grass and Yard Waste Issues
Sullivan Ordinances outlaw the placement of materials, including grass clippings and leaves, in City streets, and “no person shall… cause a lawn mower to blow grass clippings onto a street…”
"Any person convicted of a violation...shall be fined not less than $75 nor more than $750 for any one offense..."
Grass and leaves in the streets cause damage and clogs to the City’s storm sewer system, increases the chance of flooding, and helps form potholes in the streets.
Please do your part to keep the City’s infrastructure safe and in working condition!
The City's of Sullivan is proud to offer an online documents portal that allows the public to view and search for City Council agendas, minutes, ordinances, resolutions, and legal notices. You may run into a problem where you are unable to log in. If that happens, try again at a later time, or contact City Clerk Monte Johnson.
If you would like to be informed of weather alerts or other important notifications such as evacuation notices, bio-terrorism alerts, boil water notices, and missing child reports, sign up here!
Sullivan Schools Athletic Director